Goats that sound like people:
More than 40 die from flu in state, and it isn’t over
More than 40 Washington residents have died in confirmed cases of influenza this season, health officials report.
By Jack Broom-Seattle Times staff reporter. More than 40 Washington residents — including 19 in King County — have died in confirmed cases of influenza this season, according to data from state and county health officials.
Federal agents arrest 14 in alleged Southland stock scheme
Authorities say the scheme, which cost investors more than $30 million, involved the heavy promotion of worthless stocks.
Federal agents arrested 14 people, including a former deputy district attorney, on suspicion of running a stock manipulation scheme from Southern California that cost investors more than $30 million.
Authorities said the scheme involved the heavy promotion of worthless stocks, which the perpetrators later sold for huge profits in a classic “pump-and-dump” scheme. More than 20,000 investors worldwide are believed to have been victims.
Investigators with the FBI and Internal Revenue Serviceused wiretaps to secretly record thousands of telephone calls and text messages during a three-year investigation, building what U.S. Atty. Andre Birotte Jr. said was the most important evidence in the case.
The New and Improved Electoral College Map
FEB 14 2013, 5:32 PM ET
The map began with an algorithm that grouped counties based on proximity, urban area, and commuting patterns. The algorithm was seeded with the fifty largest cities. After that, manual changes took into account compact shapes, equal populations, metro areas divided by state lines, and drainage basins. In certain areas, divisions are based on census tract lines.
The District of Columbia is included into the state of Washington, with the Mall, major monuments and Federal buildings set off as the seat of the federal government.
The capitals of the states are existing states capitals where possible, otherwise large or central cities have been chosen. The suggested names of the new states are taken mainly from geographical features:
- mountain ranges or peaks, or
- rivers – Atchafalaya, Menominee, Maumee, Nodaway, Sangamon, Scioto, Susquehanna, Trinity and Willimantic
- bays, capes, lakes and aquifers – Casco, Tampa Bay, Canaveral, Mendocino, Ogallala, Salt Lake and Throgs Neck
- songs – Gary, Muskogee and Temecula
- cities – Atlanta, Chicago, Columbia, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Newark, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Washington
- people – King and Orange
Keep in mind that this is an art project, not a serious proposal, so take it easy with the emails about the sacred soil of Texas.
Neil Freeman, 2004
- A^^^^top-rate, answer, area, adenine, bra cup size, general works, Agilent Technologies Inc.
- B^^^^^second-rate; blue; boron; bunt; bra cup size; narrow men’s shoe width; standard women’s shoe width; philosophy, psychology, religion; Barnes Group Inc.
- C^^^^carbon, catcher, average, one-hundred, cyan, speed of light, cytosine, bra cup size, center, auxiliary sciences of history, Citigroup Inc.
- D^^^^five-hundred, barely passing, drive, day, dimension, bra cup size, standard men’s shoe width, wide women’s shoe width, history (general) and history of Europe, Dominion Resources Inc.
The rest at; http://fakeisthenewreal.org/alphabet/
Must-See Museum Exhibits for 2013
Art, Science, and History Exhibits You Should Check Out in 2013
By Melanie Renzulli,
Dates: See belowWhile the Civil War was raging in America from 1861 to 1865, some of the country’s most famous artists were producing works inspired by the bloody battles and the politics and loss surrounding the conflict. Anchoring this exhibition, which opened November 16, 2012, in Washington, DC, at the Smithsonian American Art Museum and runs through April 28, 2013, are the works of Winslow Homer, Eastman Johnson, Frederic Church, and Sanford Gifford. The show, which features 57 paintings and 18 gruesome battlefield photographs Antietam and Gettysburg, heads to the Metropolitan Museum of Art from May 21 to September 2, 2013.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum, Washington, DC: November 16, 2012-April 28, 2013
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City: May 21-September 2, 2013
Dates: February 14-May 12, 2013The works of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, two of Mexico’s most famous artists known for their paintings and their politics, will be on display at Atlanta’s High Museum of Art from February 14 to May 12, 2013. More than 75 of the couple’s most famous works, including Frida’s self-portrait with monkeys and Diego’s Calla Lily Vendor, will be on view at the High, which will be the only U.S. venue for this exhibit.
A spoonerism is a pair of words that can have their initial sounds switched to form new words. The pairs need only sound the same, not necessarily be spelled the same (power saw & sour paw, horse cart & coarse heart). There may sometimes be one or two connecting words (kick the stone & stick the cone, king of the rats & ring of the cats). Given the following definitions, what are the spoonerisms?
1) spoiled Neanderthal child & courageous cougar
2) child of a sorceress & liquid in a trench
3) milk and cheese & fops who are imaginary beings with magical powers
4) fondle feathers & Amsterdam
How many legs does this elephant have?
2.Joe buried Cap’n Crunch
3.Sarah threw Rice Krispies off a cliff
4.Emily shot Cocoa Puffs